VNC Connect... This Automator Action will launch Terminal and establish a secure connection with a VNC server. This Action presumes the serverÕs network setting are already properly configured and port 5900 is forwarded on your AirPort or other router. Once the connection is established, this Action also will launch your VNC client.
This Action must be configured to work properly. To do so, open it from within Automator and do the following:
- In the first AppleScript action, change USER to the short name of the serverÕs administrator.
- Change IP1.IP2.IP3.IP4 to your external host address (you can obtain this by going to http://www.whatismyip.com/ from the server computer).
- In the second AppleScript action, change PASSWORD to the serverÕs admin password.
- In the Launch Application action re-choose the location of your Chicken of the VNC or other VNC client application.
- Save changes, and youÕre ready to go.