Developer website: Pleasant Software
Ubercaster is the first complete podcast production suite for the Mac.
Leave your garage and feel at home. Ubercaster has been made with podcaster's needs in mind.
Auto ducking, effects, chapters for enhanced podcasts, ID3 tags, album cover art, mp3/AAC/AIFF encoding - you name it. It's all there. Seamlessly integrated.
- Use a previous project as a template for new ones.
- Define multiple microphones and add special input panels for iChat, Skype and Gizmo recording.
- Record audio live.
- Real multi track recording and editing.
- Insert new recordings or overwrite any part of your previous show like in a text document.
- Enhanced podcasts - divide your episode into labeled chapters each provided with pictures and links.
- Encode podcasts as MP3, (enhanced) AAC or AIFF and upload them to Web servers (via FTP, .Mac, etc.) at once with a single click.
- Start and stop audio clips or change volumes without clicking the mouse.
- Save your project as an archive which contains all audio you've used in your episode.
- And much more...
This makes Ubercaster suitable for both, newbies and advanced podcasters. All you need is Ubercaster, a Mac and something to tell...
- AudioUnit caching. Übercaster now caches informations on installed AudioUnits during the first launch. Subsequent lauches are significatly faster.
- Übercaster automatically recognizes newly installed or removed AudioUnits. Just in case, there's also a "Reset AudioUnit Cache" option on the Advanced Preferences tab in Übercaster. After resetting the cache, Übercaster will do a full scan of all AudioUnits on next launch.
- Fixed an issue with special characters in chapter titles and URLs which prevented Übercaster from successfully release an AAC file.
- Better error handling during the release process.
- Fixed an issue where the progress bar in the dock icon wasn't cleaned up after and error during the release process.
- Fixed a glitch on cut layer when dragging tracks to a new position in a scrolled cut layer.
*Previously available here