plugin monitors the song you are listening to and publishes the data in various ways:
- Creates a XML file with information on that song. A file called now_playing.xml is created in your iTunes Plug-ins directory.
- The plugin also offers you the ability to FTP that file to a server of your choosing after it is updated.
- Create a ping with the song information.
The idea is that you publish the XML up to your Web server and then through some scripting magic, you can display your currently playing song or your recently played tracks. To make your Web site more interactive, the plugin also retrieves the following information for you to use:
- URL of the album image cover art from Amazon.com (if found).
- Link to the Amazon.com product page for the CD (if found).
- Link to the Apple iTunes Music Store product page with the song highlighted within iTunes (if found).