HoudahGeo is a one-stop photo geocoding and geotagging solution for OS X. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC geotags to JPEG, RAW, and XMP sidecar files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo records latitude, longitude, and altitude information right to your image data file. Don't have a GPS device? No problem! Just drop a pin on the map where you took your photo and HoudahGeo will tag it with the correct location.
Geotagging with HoudahGeo follows an easy 3-step workflow: load, process, then output.
- Start by loading photos into a HoudahGeo project. Optionally add GPS track logs
- Use the
- HoudahGeo can now add locations to photos in your Apple Photos library. This requires Photos 2.0 on macOS 10.12 Sierra
- On macOS 10.12 Sierra, HoudahGeo now offers Apple Maps in addition to MapBox maps
- Improved camera setup options. HoudahGeo now assumes that timestamps that already include time zone information are correct and need no further adjustments
- OS X 10.10 or later; some features require macOS 10.12 Sierra
- A digital camera: point-and-shoot, DSLR, camera phone, etc.
- Optional: GPS track logger
- Optional: iPhone or other GPS-enabled camera