HoudahGeo is a one-stop photo geocoding and geotagging solution for OS X. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC geotags to JPEG, RAW, and XMP sidecar files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo records latitude, longitude, and altitude information right to your image data file. Don't have a GPS device? No problem! Just drop a pin on the map where you took your photo and HoudahGeo will tag it with the correct location.
Geotagging with HoudahGeo follows an easy 3-step workflow: load, process, then output.
- Start by loading photos into a HoudahGeo project. Optionally add GPS track logs
- Use the
- Added a "File Extension" column to the list of images
- Creation of XMP sidecars could fail when working with RAW+JPEG pairs
- Camera import could get interrupted when plugging in a second camera or memory card
- Google Earth export created an invalid KML file when file names contained the "&" symbol
Note: Adding locations to
- OS X 10.10 or later; some features require macOS 10.12 Sierra
- A digital camera: point-and-shoot, DSLR, camera phone, etc.
- Optional: GPS track logger
- Optional: iPhone or other GPS-enabled camera