Developer website: VDrift Project
VDrift is a cross-platform, open source driving simulation made with drift racing in mind. It's powered by the excellent Vamos physics engine. It is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL) v2.
This game is in the early stages of development but is already very playable.
Currently the game features:
- 13 Tracks: Brands Hatch, Circuit de Pau, Detroit, Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Monaco, Monza, NŸrburgring Nordschleife, Road Atlanta, Ruudskogen, Spa Francorchamps, Weekend Drive, Zandvoort
- 21 Cars: 3S, AX2, CO, CS, FE, FF, G4, GT, M3, M7, MC, MI, RG, SB, T73, TC, TL, XG, XM, XS, Z06
- Simple networked multiplayer mode
- Very realistic physics
- Mouse/joystick/keyboard driven menus
- Fully modeled tracks, scenery and terrain
- Several different camera modes
- Basic replay system with Skip Forward/Skip Backward
- Day/night weather cycle
- Fully customizable controls
- Joystick and keyboard input filtering
- Brake lights
Version 2010-06-30: Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
- 1 GHz PPC G4 processor or better
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- 64MB VRAM graphics card