CUPS is the standards-based, open source printing system developed by Apple Inc. for OS X and other UNIX-like operating systems. CUPS uses the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) as the basis for managing print jobs and queues, and adds network printer browsing and PostScript Printer Description (PPD) based printing options to support real-world printing.
- Security: The scheduler now blocks URLs containing embedded HTML (STR #4356)
- Documentation fixes (STR #3259, STR #4346, STR #4355)
- Fixed the Japanese localization (STR #4385)
- Added a German localization (STR #4363)
- The cupsfilter command incorrectly read the cupsd.conf file; it now reads the cups-files.conf file instead.
- Fixed OS X builds
OS X 10.8 or later