Developer website: Pierre Chatelier
Google can be used as a calculator really handier than the Calculator application of Mac OS X.
- use numbers arbitrarily long (more than 10 figures...) ?
- type long expressions with parenthesis but without mistake ?
- easily mix numbers in different basis (binary, decimal, hexadecimal...) ?
RubyCalc may be what you are looking for. It supplies an application with its service, and a widget.Caution : RubyCalc is using the Ruby language to perform computations. This language has some specificities, like integer divisions, pow operator, modulo operator (for instance). Be sure to understand theses specificities by reading the documentation, otherwise you may not understand the result. Examples : 5/2 = 2 (integer division) 5%2 = 1 (modul) 5/2.0 = 2.5 5^2=7 (binary exclusive or) 5**2 = 25 (pow)
- Fixed an incompatibility of the Widget with MacOS 10.5 Leopard;
- Better handling of Service shortcut change.