Developer website: Sinevibes
Gateboy is an advanced gate sequencer which allows you to modulate the audio level in many interesting ways. It features a unique pattern composer with variable rate, length and smoothness. Each of the pattern's steps, which has level and bypass controls, triggers a flexible envelope generator with adjustable shape and time.
Thanks to such immense configurability, Gateboy is capable of a very wide variety of effects - from complex trancegates and intricate rhythmic sequences to expressive beat slicing and beyond. It is available as a universal binary audio unit plug-in for Mac OS X.
- Pattern composer with up to 16 steps.
- Variable pattern length and rate.
- Step bypass switches.
- Multiple envelope generator shapes.
- Variable modulation smoothness and depth.
- Fixed sync issue which could appear in GarageBand and Logic when processing multiple regions on the same track
- Minor user interface facelift to improve usability