CreateDiskImage is an Applescript droplet that lets you easily create highly compressed disk images without the need to go through Apples Disk Utility application, by using "Drag & Drop". Simply drop any folder or file to this Applescript droplet, and it will create a compressed disk image which contains the dropped file or the contents of the dropped folder.
- Easily creates compressed disk images from dropped files and folders
- Supports drag & drop of multiple files
- Uses highest compression rate, as opposed to Apple's Disk Utility which uses medium compression rate
- When finished, a dialogue tells whether the creation process was successful
- No progress dialogue is shown during the disk image creation process
- To create a disk image out of a dropped file, that file will be copied to a temporary location first (i.e.: "$HOME/.tmp/")