Wireshark is one of the world's foremost network protocol analyzers, and is the standard in many parts of the industry. It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998. Hundreds of developers around the world have contributed to it, and it it still under active development.
Wireshark has a rich feature set which includes the following:
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Multi-interface: Along with a standard GUI, Wireshark includes TShark, a text-mode analyzer which is useful for remote
- HTTP 302 decoded as TCP when "Allow subdissector to reassemble TCP streams" option is enabled.
- Questionable calling of ethernet dissector by encapsulating protocol dissectors.
- [Qt and Legacy and probably TShark too] Delta Time Conversation column is empty.
- extcap: abort when validating capture filter for DLT 147.
- Missing columns in Qt Flow
- OS X 10.6 or later
- X11 or XQuartz