Wireshark is one of the world's foremost network protocol analyzers, and is the standard in many parts of the industry. It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998. Hundreds of developers around the world have contributed to it, and it it still under active development.
Wireshark has a rich feature set which includes the following:
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Multi-interface: Along with a standard GUI, Wireshark includes TShark, a text-mode analyzer which is useful for remote more...
- An RTP player crash has been fixed.
- Flow graph issues have been fixed. Bug Bug 11710.
- A Follow Stream dialog crash has been fixed. Bug Bug 11711.
- An extcap crash has been fixed.
- A file merge crash has been fixed. Bug Bug 11718.
- A handle leak crash has been fixed. Bug Bug 11702.
- Several other crashes and usability issues have been fixed.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- X11 or XQuartz