Wireshark is one of the world's foremost network protocol analyzers, and is the standard in many parts of the industry. It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998. Hundreds of developers around the world have contributed to it, and it it still under active development.
Wireshark has a rich feature set which includes the following:
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Multi-interface: Along with a standard GUI, Wireshark includes TShark, a text-mode analyzer which is useful for remote
- The Windows installers now ship with Qt 5.6. Previously they shipped with Qt 5.3.
Vulnerabilities That Have Been Fixed:
- wnpa-sec-2016-56 - The Bluetooth L2CAP dissector could crash. (Bug 12825)
- wnpa-sec-2016-57 - The NCP dissector could crash. (Bug 12945)
- Flow Graph colored data arrows. (Bug
- OS X 10.6 or later
- X11 or XQuartz