BaseTen is an open source Cocoa database framework for working with PostgreSQL databases, designed with familiar, Core Data -like semantics and APIs.
The BaseTen feature highlights include:
- BaseTen Assistant imports Core Data / Xcode data models
- Discovers the database schema automatically at runtime, including 1-1, 1-many and many-many relationships
- Database changes are propagated to clients automatically, without polling
- In-memory database objects are uniqued, and objects fetched via relationships are faults by default
- Support for RDBMS features like database-driven data validation, multi-column
- BaseTen can now be built in 64-bit mode.
- BXDatabaseObjectModel is now a public class.
- BXDatabaseObjectModel can now be exported as a managed object model.
- BXAttributeDescription now has the -attributeIndex method.
- Table inheritance information is now fetched from the database.
- Deprecated various methods that no longer need an
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- PostgreSQL 8.2 or later