Developer website: Andrew Merenbach
A quotient may extend off the screen of your calculator, such as when you divide 1 by 7. It turns out, however, that at least some part of what follows the decimal point repeats indefinitely. This program writes the quotient of any integer division, to a user-specified level of decimal precision, into a text box, from where it can be copied to the Clipboard, or exported (along with the rest of the calculation parameters) to a text file. A repetend locator rounds out the program's functionality, employing an algorithm with the ability to determine a repeating end-segment portion in any finite-length string, which the result text box then displays.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the online help from loading.
- Made the main window resizable once more.
- Increased the height of the main window.
- Added an adjustable slider between the quotient and repetend text views.
- Rearranged the main window slightly.
- Fixed an oversight in the AppleScript terminology.
- Indexed the online help, as it should have been initially.
- Updated the online help to full-fledged XHTML.
- Window is now a fixed size; this makes sense from the standpoint of the width of the text fields, and also fixes some sizing issues with the split view.
- Remade in Objective-C 2.0; the program is no longer compatible with systems prior to Mac OS X version 10.5 ("Leopard").
- Updated contact information in online help.
- Other minor changes to both UI and code.
Mac OS X 10.5 or later