Developer website: Glowworm
GlowWorm FW Lite is a rule-based network security and monitoring application built on plugin-accessible framework.
Rules can be defined on the basis of a set of connection criteria include the addresses, ports, relevant endpoint and protocol. Additionally, rules can be restricted to a particular set of users, groups or applications, and the lifetime of a rule can be limited by the lifetime of that application or until the machine reboots.
Relative Network Names allow one to specify symbolic endpoint address like localhost, localnet or remotenet instead of having to "hard code" an ip subnet address.
Rule Actions can alert you using a user-customizable dialog message (based on an sprintf-like format so that you can choose what information to include), if a particular rule matches.
Support for incoming and listener connections provides a more precise means of controlling network traffic than offered by the Mac OS X Firewall.
Drag-and-drop rule re-ordering makes prioritizing rules an intuitive and easy process.
- Added Growl notification support to Rule Actions.
- Added the application name to the logging system and the rule editor logging preview table.
- Fixed a rule-save issue apparent at GlowWorm shutdown.
- Fixed an issue in GlowWorm.app where a disable message was not being received.
- Fixed a kernel panic issue having to do with TrueDNS packet parsing.
- Fixed an issue where the data being sent to the StreamMonitor was sometimes truncated.
- Added support for clearing the buffer on a per-socket basis in the StreamMonitor plugin.
- Added support for per-socket buffer size limits (in megabytes) in the StreamMonitor plugin.
- Added support for Packets registration codes, which are now for sale.
- Fixed a kernel panic issue having to do with udp4 data send/recv.
- Fixed a possible null-pointer dereference in the kernel extension in bignum_cmp().
- Fixed a dead-lock issue that could occur between glowwormd and the kernel extension.
- Removed editable flag on the Registration and Plugin tables in GlowWorm.app preferences.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Does not support Mac OS X 10.5