Developer website: Aoren Software
Language Aid allows you to simply hover your mouse cursor over almost any piece of text and retrieve the information you want about it with the click of a mouse button or the tap of a keystroke. Language Aid aims to eliminate the long process of copying text, opening a Web browser (or other program), loading up a Web service, pasting the text and clicking a button. Features include:
- Unlimited potential through easy to create plugin modules.
- Customizable lookup trigger to either a mouse button or key combination.
- Access to text in the system that may not be selectable or copyable.
- Visually scaleable results.
- Quick access and dismissal. It is there when you need it but stays out of your way.
- Now open source
Mac OS X 10.4 or later