(formerly Ratio Shackle) quickly and easily scales images. Drag an image onto the widget and it is scaled to the desired size that you type in or select with a slider.
- Grab an image from the desktop or finder and then reveal your dashboard. Drag and drop the image into Image Shackle.
- The proportions are always kept. The slider will allow you to scale the image to whole numbers, but if you want an exact height or width you can type it in.
- Check the preference on the back to convert shackled images to JPG. When converting an image with transparency (PNG, GIF or PSD) into a JPEG the transparent areas will be turned to white
- Your shackled image will be placed in the same folder as the original but ".shkl" will be added before the extention. This makes it easier to find them later. The size of the image will also be added to the filename.
- The widget also serves as a tool for calculating ratios and constraining proportions for images that you don't want to scale with the widget.
- Image Shackle is only designed to work with one image at a time.
- The following file types are supported and must have the proper extension: JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PSD (they will be flattened), PNG, PICT, BMP
- If you try to shackle an image from iPhoto, the file will be saved to the folder that the original was in but will not be imported into iPhoto. Instead, export the image from iPhoto at the desired size, or drag the image from iPhoto to the desktop before shackling it.