Developer website: Biomatters Limited
Geneious combines all the major DNA and protein sequence analysis tools into one application.
- Sequence alignment
- Contig assembly
- Restriction analysis
- Automatic publication updates
The quoted price is that for a subscription version license good for 1-year for non-commercial use. The pricing schema can be found here.
Note: Version 11 is a paid upgrade. Upgrade requests can be submitted here.
Fixes and Minor Changes:
- Tree/Alignment Distance Matrix Viewer: Fixed bug that caused the labels to be out of order in some Patristic Distance matrices
- Transfer Annotations: Fixed crash on circular contigs with annotations extending outside the bounds of a sequence in the alignment
- Translation: When extracting translations from sequences in a list, annotated codon starts are now respected
- Uniprot: Updated search to use HTTPS
- Alternative BLAST: wwwBLAST is no longer supported due to changes in NCBI
- NCBI Popset: Downloading multiple popset documents at the same time resolves to the correct name
- Genbank Export: added an option to replace spaces with underscores in the LOCUS name
- Map reference: Fix crash mapping reads longer than a circular reference sequence when a gap spans the origin halfway through the read
- General: Fix crash starting Geneious using Java 8 in Linux Gnome with font scaling set to less than 0.96
- General: Warn if required lsb package is not installed on Linux
- Licensing: Fix valid FlexNet licenses damaged by OS update or system backup/restore and reported as expired
- Security: Turned off support for External XML Entities
- OS X 10.8 or later