SheepShaver is an Open Source PowerPC Mac OS run-time environment. That is, it enables you to run PowerPC Classic Mac OS software on your computer, even if you are using a different operating system. However, you still need a copy of Mac OS and a PowerMac ROM image to use this program. SheepShaver is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- SheepShaver runs Mac OS 7.5.2 through Mac OS 9.0.4
- PowerPC G4 emulation on non-PowerPC platforms, direct execution otherwise
- Basic but portable JIT engine (x86, x86_64, mips)
- Copy and paste of text between Mac OS
- Support for disk images in sparsebundle format.
- Cursor grabbing toggle (Ctrl-F5).
- Pressing Ctrl-F5 will make the emulator grab the mouse cursor and keep it inside its window. Especially useful for some games. Again pressing Ctrl-F5 will release the cursor.
- Window-Fullscreen toggle (Ctrl-Return).
- Pressing Ctrl-Return will toggle between window mode
- OS X 10.4 or later