Sparkle is a module that developers can stick in their Cocoa applications (five-step install!) to get instant self-update functionality. By that, I mean that your app will be able to update itself, not just check for new versions: it'll read the update information from an appcast on your server, download, extract, install, restart, and even offer to show the users release notes before they decide if they want to update.
It's free, it's easy, and it'll make using a Mac better for everyone, so go for it! Make sure to visit Sparkle's homepage to see a video of it in action.
- A new icon! Thanks to 1024jp
- Show alert when an update is sent over insecure HTTP with no DSA key
- If you can't use HTTPS, you must at least sign updates with a DSA key.
- Improved binary delta implementation
- Added improved -validateMenuItem: as a method in SUUpdater.h for public use
- Removed reachability preflight check
- OS X 10.7 or later