We stand with Ukraine to help keep people safe. Join us
AppZapper
AppZapper
3.7
0.0

Confidently uninstall virtually any application.

3.7
Based on 80 user ratesRead reviews & comments
$19.95
One-Time Purchase
Buy Now

AppZapper overview

AppZapper allows you to confidently uninstall virtually any application as easily as it was installed -- just drag and drop. Drag one or more unwanted apps onto AppZapper and watch as it finds all the extra files and lets you delete them with a single click. A slick safety system remembers which apps you want to keep safe, and the log tracks all the files you've zapped. Put simply, AppZapper is the uninstaller Apple forgot.

What’s new in version 2.0.3

Updated on May 09 2020

Version 2.0.3:

Note: Now requires OS X 10.9 or later

  • Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
View older AppZapper updates

Information

License

Shareware

Size

958 KB

Developer’s website

https://appzapper.com/

Downloads

331624

App requirements

  • Intel 64
  • OS X 10.9.0 or later
Try our new feature and write a detailed review about AppZapper. All reviews will be posted soon.
Write your thoughts in our old-fashioned comment
MacUpdate Comment Policy. We strongly recommend leaving comments, however comments with abusive words, bullying, personal attacks of any type will be moderated.
0.0
(0 Reviews of )
There are no reviews yet
Pjcads
Pjcads
Apr 6 2021
2.0.3
1.0
Apr 6 2021
1.0
Version: 2.0.3
ABANDONWARE!
Canadianpj
Canadianpj
Oct 5 2020
2.0.3
2.0
Oct 5 2020
2.0
Version: 2.0.3
It works, but beware the company regularly has abandoned the application for years at a time. A dated interface and software I just am not going to trust again for it not to be abandoned gain.
ekonishi
ekonishi
Nov 7 2019
2.0.2
0.0
Nov 7 2019
0.0
Version: 2.0.2
thx
Swo
Swo
Oct 2 2016
2.0.1
4.0
Oct 2 2016
4.0
Version: 2.0.1
I have licences for both CleanApp and AppZapper, and I just uninstalled CleanApp (with AppZapper, ironically enough).

Reason being, AppZapper does one thing and does it very, very well. CleanApp, by comparison does a lot to things, but many of them not quite well.

As I said, I uninstalled CleanApp, and installed Maintenance (from the makers of OnyX) so that I have an app that focuses ONLY on maintenance, as opposed to focusing on maintenance and uninstalling.

I tend to go back and forth as far as which application I tend to use, but at this point I like the focus of AppZapper and Maintenance, which each do ONE thing really, really well.
BobbyThompsonRocks
BobbyThompsonRocks
May 30 2013
2.0.1
2.0
May 30 2013
2.0
Version: 2.0.1
I've begun to notice AppZapper seems to no longer be showing any preferences or other library files for a number of apps from the AppStore... I've recently taken the liberty to manually search my library folder AFTER using AppZapper, and sure enough after the last couple of app deletes there are still preference and other files to be MANUALLY found after AppZapper completes... It's becoming as effective as hitting cmd-del in many instances...
Cindi168
Cindi168
Jul 27 2011
2.0.1
1.0
Jul 27 2011
1.0
Version: 2.0.1
This app is a hot mess and is definitely not worth $13, there's other alternatives out there that are way cheaper (like the free appcleaner and $6 trashmen) and is actually stable. I used this app when SL first came out and it worked really well, however, with each SL update, this app got more and more unstable... and was NEVER UPDATED to address those issues(last update was a year and half ago... wow). Not to mention the search engine is crap, it doesn't find all the files... even the free appcleaner even works better... if you are looking for a better uninstaller, i recommend trashme, it's only $6, is stable, recevies regular updates, and its search engine is even better than appcleaner and appzapper.
Wildfox
Wildfox
Jul 21 2011
2.0.1
4.0
Jul 21 2011
4.0
Version: 2.0.1
I hit upon a way to get around AppZapper's glitchy behavior. Delete one app, then close AppZapper. It seems that it does not like to be used repeatedly, and the restart solves that for my system.
tzoi516
tzoi516
Jun 24 2011
2.0.1
1.5
Jun 24 2011
1.5
Version: 2.0.1
Overall Rating: Don't bother. I used to love AppZapper, and 2.0, when first released, was great. I don't know what happened but here's the process that I have to go through to remove an app: 1. Drag-n-drop app icon on AppZapper 2. Finder locks up for a minute with beach ball 3. Click zap 4. System locks up 5. AppZapper closes and a report to Apple appears 6. Click send 7. Rinse and repeat. I've done everything from deleting the app and its associated files to reapplying Mac OS X combo updates and the issue never gets resolved. Now I use the free TrashMe.
Tbrizitsky
Tbrizitsky
Jun 3 2011
2.0.1
3.5
Jun 3 2011
3.5
Version: 2.0.1
Pros: looks great, very easy to use Cons: crashes too often to ignore it
iminlalaland
iminlalaland
Jan 14 2011
2.0.1
4.5
Jan 14 2011
4.5
Version: 2.0.1
Easy to use(drag and drop) but it freezes sometimes when the size of the app is large or when it contains a lot of files.
Orion24
Orion24
Jan 14 2011
2.0.1
4.5
Jan 14 2011
4.5
Version: 2.0.1
the best i ever had...work really fine..
bwahacker
bwahacker
Dec 26 2010
2.0.1
0.0
Dec 26 2010
0.0
Version: 2.0.1
Very bad support from the developer. I bought this app 3 or 4 days ago. I got charged by PayPal and received the receipt for that. However, I haven't received the license code from the developer. I've emailed him twice, no reply. I know it's the holidays, but he has no auto-reply indicating when he might reply later and his 'send me my key' on his web site says it has no idea who I am. So for the time being I am out $12.95. Disappointed. I don't recommend buying this. :-(
Macgruder
Macgruder
Nov 24 2010
2.0.1
5.0
Nov 24 2010
5.0
Version: 2.0.1
Great little app. There's a nice feature called 'Hit List' in the view menu that lets you see *apps preferences files etc *you can show apps not used recently. I've had AppZapper for 2 years and I had no idea this feature existed. Then you can just go through apps and zap em.
Tdastheday
Tdastheday
Jun 6 2010
2.0.1
5.0
Jun 6 2010
5.0
Version: 2.0.1
LOVE AppZapper
Utrunn
Utrunn
Apr 4 2010
2.0.1
5.0
Apr 4 2010
5.0
Version: 2.0.1
I've never had any problems with AppZapper. It has a much nicer and simpler interface than other app removal apps. I really love the My Apps feature, saves product keys and stops you fro accidentally zapping an important app. Oh, and of course, I love the zapping animation.
f-bek
f-bek
Feb 14 2010
2.0.1
5.0
Feb 14 2010
5.0
Version: 2.0.1
In my opinion this is the best uninstaller application for Mac OS. I have been using this since it came out, and it is amazing. It is light, and finds the files fast.
Pukky
Pukky
Jan 29 2010
2.0.1
1.0
Jan 29 2010
1.0
Version: 2.0.1
I think that CleanMyMac, AppCleaner and AppTrasher are better, because you don't have to drag into AppZapper an application (or search in the list), but you only trash an app or the folder with an app and the program automatically starts to scan. I think that AppCleaner is fast, free and with better interface, and supports the smart delete feature. Do not waste the money in this expensive software, buy CleanMyMac, which has tons of features! Besides AppZapper is updated only for 10.6 and the new application managing feature is useless and AppZapper searchs for files that aren't of the deleted application.
Chas-m
Chas-m
Jan 15 2010
2.0.1
5.0
Jan 15 2010
5.0
Version: 2.0.1
I am giving this five stars, in part because its always been a great (and fun) little app, but particularly because the devs have made this major upgrade free to recent buyers. That's how you build loyalty! Thanks!
Xplicit
Xplicit
Jan 7 2010
2.0.1
5.0
Jan 7 2010
5.0
Version: 2.0.1
Some complain about not getting the same new fancy version for 10.5, some others say that the new version is overloaded and they're rather using the older version on 10.6. Folks really, I don't get it. Can't you ever be satisfied? Version 2 is a free upgrade so what do you complain about? Maybe you should get your personal problems solved first and don't take it out on developers offering free upgrades, hmm?
Bigideas
Bigideas
Jan 7 2010
2.0.1
0.0
Jan 7 2010
0.0
Version: 2.0.1
This isn't a complaint. The latest version of AppZapper looks very slick but I can't use it because it's 10.6 or higher. I realize that Snow Leopard is the newest from Mac but it still has less than 40% adoption. That means the vast majority of people have to use the older version without the new features. Any chance of a version for the other 60%?
$19.95
One-Time Purchase
Buy Now
How would you rate AppZapper?
Similar apps
App Cleaner & Uninstaller
Preview and remove applications and their service files (was App Cleaner).
Is this app is similar to App Cleaner & Uninstaller? Vote to improve the quality of this list.
Vote results
1
Upvotes
1
Total score
0
Downvotes
AppCleaner
Uninstall your apps easily.
Is this app is similar to AppCleaner? Vote to improve the quality of this list.
Vote results
1
Upvotes
1
Total score
0
Downvotes
CleanApp
Application deinstaller and archiver.
Is this app is similar to CleanApp? Vote to improve the quality of this list.
Vote results
0
Upvotes
0
Total score
0
Downvotes
BetterZip
Archiving tool.
Is this app is similar to BetterZip? Vote to improve the quality of this list.
Vote results
0
Upvotes
0
Total score
0
Downvotes
Hazel
Create rules for organizing and cleaning folders.
Is this app is similar to Hazel? Vote to improve the quality of this list.
Vote results
0
Upvotes
0
Total score
0
Downvotes