allows you to change the partitioning scheme of your hard drive without going through the trouble of completely erasing and reinitializing your hard drive. Features include:
- Add new partitions to your hard drive.
- Delete partitions previously created by Apple's Disk Utility or DiskStudio.
- Erase and reformat existing partitions in a number of standard formats.
- Completely erase and repartition an entire hard disk.
DiskStudio provides the tools you need to control how information is stored on your hard drive. For instance, you might use DiskStudio to repartition your hard drive to:
- Install a new copy of Mac OS X, but keep your original copy intact.
- Install a completely different operating system, such as Mac OS 9, on a new partition.
- Create a partition to hold special projects, such as audio or video files.
- Create a partition to hold scratch space for programs such as Adobe Photoshop.
An easy to use and non-destructive disk partitioner has been requested by more of our customers than any other type of utility. DiskStudio fills this important need for Mac OS X. With DiskStudio you will be able to quickly and easily change the way information is stored on your hard drives as your needs change over time. With DiskStudio you are in control.
DiskStudio allows you to create and remove disk partitions on the fly! Want to create a new partition for games or photos? No problem. Want to get rid of that old OS 9 partition without backing up and reformatting your drive? It's easy.