Developer website: Night Productions
Picture Switcher is an application that will place a menu on the right side of your menu bar to switch desktop pictures. It gives you additional options beyond the built in system that greatly enhance your desktop experience.Features:
- Core Image - Core Image is used to create stunning effects on your pictures, as well as adding several new options when transitioning from one picture to another.
- New placement - A new placement type has been added with Picture Switcher: 'Scale to Fill Screen'. This will scale your picture proportionally to fit the screen.
- Settable Keyboard Shortcuts - Picture Switcher now allows you to set keyboard shortcuts for many of its options, including its new option that will immediately change the picture.
- Applescript - Applescript support has been added, with full access to changing the picture and its options.
- Added a new preference setting, "Display Images in Sub Folders" which will display all images, including those in sub folders, from the top-level folder in the picture menu from which the current image is selected.
- Added a new preference setting, "Always Tile Small Images" which will tile images that are smaller than half the screen's width and height.
- Added in the ability to create your own collections of images, rather than needing to have the images set out the way you want them in some sort of folder hierarchy. See the Picture Folders panel for creating / editing collections.
- Added a new button in the preference pane which will allow you to clear the thumbnail image cache used by the Picture Viewer.
- The orientation of an image is now properly recognized and used when displaying images. Note that you may need to clear the thumbnail image cache before thumbnails for these images are displayed properly in the Picture Viewer.
- Added in a "No Transition" option to the transition menu, which will immediately change the picture rather than showing a transition while changing the picture.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Picture Switcher to crash when the desktop picture was changed very rapidly, or (rarely) when the computer was under heavy load.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Picture Switcher to crash in some rare instances when the picture menu was updating.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the background color to be reset to blue when changing the desktop picture from an outside source.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Picture Switcher to cancel a logout / shutdown.
- Fixed a bug where moving the sliders in the Effects / Transition Settings panels could lock up Picture Switcher's UI, needing a force quit to get out of it.
- Fixed a bug where the crash reporter could pop up when no crash had actually occurred.
- Fixed a bug with the "Check For Updates" feature where it could erroneously tell you that an update was already in progress.