Golly is an open source, cross-platform Game of Life simulator currently under development by Andrew Trevorrow and Tomas Rokicki. Our goal is to write a world-class Life simulator, solicit ideas and help from the planet's best Life hackers, and share some of our excitement.
- Unbounded universe (limited only by memory).
- Fast, memory-efficient conventional algorithm.
- Super fast hashing algorithm for highly regular patterns.
- Responsive even while generating or garbage collecting.
- Reads RLE, Life 1.05/1.06, and macrocell formats.
- Can paste in patterns
- The middle mouse button can now be used for panning, regardless of the current cursor mode.
- Fixed potential crash when pasting a text pattern into any hash-based algorithm.
- Fixed crash on Mac OS 10.9 when opening a modal dialog like Save Pattern.
- Fixed crash on Windows 8 when opening the Set Rule dialog.
- Fixed bug in QuickLife algorithm that could
- OS X 10.6 or later