Developer website: Adobe
Adobe ColdFusion solves the day-to-day challenges of Internet application development, allowing you to be extremely productive as you create and deliver engaging online applications. And because it fits into any IT environment, you can use ColdFusion for everything from small departmental applications to highly scalable, reliable implementations of your most important business applications.
- Mobile Application Development Workflow - ColdFusion 11 along with ColdFusion Builder 3 gives you a unique end-to-end workflow for mobile application development addressing the challenges associated with building, testing, debugging and deploying enterprise class mobile applications - both web based as well as installed mobile apps.
- Language Enhancements - While there are a range of enhancements made to the language, some of the features that can be called out are full CFSCRIPT support, support for Member Functions and JSON enhancements.
- PDF Functionality - ColdFusion 11 now leverages a new engine for HTML to PDF conversion that does an almost perfect job of converting most HTML/CSS to its corresponding PDFs pixel-to-pixel. Along with the new engine, CFPDF has additional functionality to support digital signatures and archiving PDFs.
- Security - ColdFusion 11 has a built-in mechanism to prevent access of Administrator or its components from external access. ColdFusion 11 has additional built-in functions to prevent XSS, thus allowing concurrent logins through CFLOGIN. ColdFusion also supports mail encryption through CFMAIL.
- ColdFusion Builder 3 bundled with ColdFusion 11 - ColdFusion 11 Standard and ColdFusion 11 Enterprise is bundled with copy (ies) of ColdFusion Builder 3. With one copy of ColdFusion Standard, you get one license of ColdFusion Builder 3 and with one copy of ColdFusion Enterprise, you get three copies of ColdFusion Builder 3.
- Java 7 Update 55 - As you may be aware, Java has come up with an update (Java 7 Update 55) with critical security fixes. This update was released on 15th of April. ColdFusion 11, ColdFusion 10 and ColdFusion 9 have already been certified on Java 7 Update 55.
- Linux support for the new PDF Engine - The Linux support for the new PDF engine in ColdFusion 11 will be available through an update within the next few weeks.
- Availability of installers for CF10 and CFB 2.0.1 - ColdFusion 10 installers and ColdFusion Builder 2.0.1 installers will only be available for download on adobe.com for a limited time -- till the 14th of May, 2014. If you need these installers for later use, then please download them before the 14th of May, 2014.
- OS X 10.6 or later