I've looked at and downloaded every recipe management program I could find. For my needs, Organized Gourmet is the best of all of them. I have two small kids and I'm quite busy. I used to make FAR too many trips to the grocery store (I know the checkers so well that I've been invited to their weddings!). Since I've purchased Organized Gourmet, I've been able to get everything I need at the grocery store in one weekly trip. I've also made real meals for my family and not last minute desperation dinners.
Here's how I use Organized Gourmet:
1. I entered all of my recipes and organized them into categories so that they're easy to find.
2. Every week, I select what I want to cook and drag those recipes to the calendar.
3. Organized Gourmet creates my shopping list for the week.
4. I copy and paste that shopping list onto my Palm Pilot (I use the HandyShopper freeware program).
5. With this system, I have my entire list ready to go and I even know how much I'm going to spend before I go to the store!
All of my recipes are nicely organized on my computer now and I have nice printouts in my kitchen.
I had several questions before I purchased Organized Gourmet and Ryan always responded very promptly and professionally. I like where the program is at, but I'm also looking forward to where it's headed.
I highly recommend Organized Gourmet.