Developer website: Carl Adler
URLParser4 searches the bookmark files of six major browsers on Mac OS X (10.2 or better).
If you can't remember which browser you were using when you bookmarked that page, URLParser4 is what you need to solve this problem.The operation of this could not be simpler:
- 1) First choose which Browsers bookmarks you want to search. URLParser4 will try to find the appropriate bookmark file. The first time you use it to search, if it can't find the file it will ask you to locate it. After that it will remember the file location and find it even if you move it. You can search all the bookmark files in a single search simply by choosing one browser button after another, or better yet you can search all the bookmark files by simply choosing "yes".
- 2) To search, enter a keyword and click search. You will get a list of results. Clicking on one of these will take you to that site using your default browser.
- Note: At this point using more than one word will produce a literal search, i.e., "Fun Games" will produce a match only if the two words are present exactly as typed. The search is not case sensitive.
- Note: The Trial version is fully functional the only limitation is that it will return only the first four hits.
- Version 4 now allows for the bookmarks of all the browsers in a single search.
- The application is now resizable.
Mac OS X 10.2 or later