Stellarium is an open source desktop planetarium. It renders the skies in realtime using OpenGL, which means the skies will look exactly like what you see with your eyes, binoculars, or a small telescope. Stellarium is very simple to use, which is one of its biggest advantages: it can easily be used by beginners.
- The Digital Sky Survey (DSS) can be shown (requires online connection).
- AstroCalc is now available from the main menu and gives interesting new computational insight.
- Stellarium can act as Spout sender (important for multimedia environments; Windows only).
- In addition, a lot of bugs have been fixed.
- wait() and waitFor() in the Scripting Engine no
- OS X 10.7 or later
- 3D graphics card which supports OpenGL 1.2