Developer website: Oddlabs
Tribal Trouble is a fast-paced, humorous, real-time strategy game where your job is to lead your cartoonish and somewhat clueless kinsmen (be they Vikings or Natives) to new discoveries and victories as tribal clashes rage across tropical and northern islands.
Unlike most other RTS games, Tribal Trouble is quite easy to grasp and offers single player skirmish and campaign games as well as online multi player battles on a near infinite number of maps.
While Tribal Trouble is quite simple to grasp, planning successful strategies and utilizing the complex and varying terrain to your advantage, is the real challenge. The game features:
- A single player mode where you can play against computer controlled opponents of three difficulty levels.
- A single player campaign mode.
- A multi player mode where you can challenge other players online and enter The League.
- An endless supply of computer generated islands (up to one square kilometer) with varying terrain.
- Massive battles with up to six players and 900 tribesmen at the same time.
- Resource gathering and weapon production.
- Three types of buildings for each tribe: Quarters, armories, and watchtowers.
- Five types of units for each tribe.
- Chieftains with destructive special attacks.
- Lag reduced: The network code has been optimized even more, to make sure lag in multi player is not an issue.
- Bug fix: No more "Waiting for players" in single player.
- Bug fix: Memory leak in campaign, caused the game to crash when playing many of campaign levels in a row.
- Bug fix: Tower tutorial could crash when using the cheat codes.
- Bug fix: Spear trajectory was off when throwing up hill.
- Bug fix: Network race condition fixed.
- Workaround: Game could hang in Mac OS 10.3.