MacShogi is a Shogi database program for Mac OS X. The aim of MacShogi is to create for the Mac environment a full-featured Shogi database application.
The program can already help you to:
- Enter new games and save them in the psn format
- Enter comments
- Enter and replay variations
- Load libraries and replay games
- Sort the games of a library in any order (sente's or gote's name, grades, event, results and dates)
- Choose an even game or a handicap game (from sente to eight piece)
- Create diagrams, you only need to copy and paste them in your magazine, book or article
- Play over Internet or a local area network
The diagrams feature provides several formats :
- text only pieces and board for sending emails
- tendo shogi font only, almost the same as in Tony Hosking's great books
- using both tendo font and text, this one is useful to make the number of pieces correctly printed.
This is a good format for your book, magazine or article
All Shogi rules are implemented and fully tested, illegal moves are not possible.