is a dashboard widget for browsing the free, user-created encyclopedia, Wikipedia. Search for articles and view from the Dashboard, complete with pictures and links.
- Compatible with any language wikipedia, just enter the 2 (sometimes 3 or more) letter code on the back. Defaults to English.
- External links open in your preferred browser.
- Click the 'wikipedia' button to the left of the search field to open the current article or search term in Safari.
- The little '?' button to the left of the search field will pull a random article into the widget (Special:Randompage query).
- Back and forward buttons with page caching.
- External links that include most unicode characters can't be sent to your preferred browser.
- Set a time-out on page-grabbing.
- Create a better looking collapsed state.
- Add up and down scroll buttons at the bottom of the scroll bar.
- Come up with a way to open the same article in another language, like the side menu of Wikipedia.org's interface.
- Display a contextual menu when a link is right-clicked.
- The current "temporary" user interface has lasted much longer than I had planned. This needs to be beautified.
- Clean up and comment the code, to simplify the lives of those borrowing code for their own projects.
- Fancify this page a bit, but nothing extravagant.
- Put out a release significant enough to be called ONE POINT OHH. One of these days it'll happen, I promise.