Developer website: IOSPIRIT GmbH
Picture Arena is the new center of your imaging world. Browse your directories, rework your photos on the fly, manage them in albums, reuse your existing iPhoto™ albums, make a speech-driven presentation, work independent of any network and put your digital treasures to use in many new ways. Full of innovations and super fast, Picture Arena lets you create stunning Web galleries with eCards and interactive databases without any expert knowledge and just a few clicks, burns up to 9200 pictures on a single CD for convenient viewing on a DVD player, prints contact sheets, letter paper, greeting cards and much more. Taking full advantage of the advanced processor power of the Mac®, you can combine more than 20 amazing effects and operations to dive your photos into vibrant colors, correct skew horizons, add fun effects or create a picture mosaic with your photos being rebuilt by thousands of others. Effects are generally non-destructive and are performed without modifying your original files. Powerful batch operations for renaming (with undo!), reworking, exporting, file format conversion, a compact, thoughtfully designed interface and a great number of smart tools round up this unique and incredibly useful software package that no real graphician should live without. Get your copy today!
- New: Translation of the interface and other parts into French by Patrick Thoennessen, Frédéric Verges and André Siegel.
- New: Albums can now be grouped in folders and subfolders.
- New: Picture Arena can now create directories and supports file operations like moving and copying of files via drag & drop.
- New: Multi-screen support for slideshows, improved efficiency and behaviour of the controls.
- New: If the location of files managed by Picture Arena was changed manually, any broken paths inside Picture Arena can now be "repaired" by choosing the new location.
- New: Vastly improved data security through regular background backups and a safe "backup exploration" mode in case of crashes.
- New: Support for Entourage, Eudora and Mailsmith in addition to Mail for sending photos.
- Enhancement: Support for CMYK JPEGs, including those saved with Adobe¨ Photoshop.
- Enhancement: The greeting card script now supports international characters via UTF-8, can store cards on the server (which is auto-detected) and allows to send plain text emails.
- Enhancement: The greeting card and database scripts are now also localized in Spanish thanks to the work of Michael Paus.
- Enhancement: Screensavers and system sleep are now automatically disabled during a playing slideshow.
- Enhancement: Zoom + / - now works the default way on OS X via "Apple +" and "Apple -".
- Enhancement: When browsing through images in view mode, the image viewed last will also be scrolled to in the browse mode on return.
- Enhancement: When an image is displayed in "size-to-fit" magnification, you can now scroll through your images with the mouse-wheel.
- Fix: The slideshow transition rendered too fast to be visible on Tiger. Fixed.
- Fix: Added a workaround for a problem where thumbnails would be displayed upside-down when Quartz 2D Extreme was enabled.
- Fix: Crash on pressing an Apple-key and the right mousebutton in empty albums.
- Fix: Conditions that could lead to a crash with Core Image filters are now handled correctly.
- Fix: The interpretation of EXIF dates was corrected so it now reflects the local time of the shoot, not GMT.
- Fix: Clicking on "Page setup" inside the printing dialog could render the current Picture Arena project window unusable.
Mac OS X 10.3 or later, a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768. Tiger Compatible.