General Edit is a file utility for Mac OS designed to help programmers and other software professionals view or edit data files with complex formats. Scenarios where it's helpful:
- You develop or test applications that read or write files in a custom format.
- You have to debug problems such as your program failing when it reads certain files.
- You have to repair or analyze files that have been corrupted.
- You need to analyze the structure of files of unknown origin.
- Fix editing bugs
- Remember state of utility window.