FlightGear is an Open Source, cross-platform, flight simulator. The goal of the FlightGear project is to create a sophisticated flight-simulator framework for use in research or academic environments, for the development and pursuit of other interesting flight-simulation ideas, and as an end-user application.
The FlightGear base package includes only a few representative aircraft. Download more aircraft here.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.8 or later
- New XML sound expression support
- Enable the Qt GUI inside the simulation (FGData commit 654a34)
- Configurable artificial light sources have been added.
- Night lights in Earthview
- Emesary MPI framework and multiplayer bridge has been added (FGData commit c350d7).
- OS X 10.8 or later