Skooby Renamer is a utility for renaming files and folders. Because it has its own Finder-style file browser, it can be used independently of the Finder. No need to drag files into the application for renaming - they're in there already.
Skooby Renamer comes with a mini-app which gives you instant drag-and-drop renaming capability from the Finder or any other file-browsing application.
- Finder-style column browser with sidebar for easy file selection.
- Thumbnail viewer for easier browsing of images.
- Flexible and powerful New Name options, with name, number and datestamp elements.
- Options for altering existing filenames, including find/replace (regex supported), trim, remove specified characters, change case, make Windows and/or UNIX compatible, plus many more.
- Quick-n-easy "Simple" renaming set.
- Pixel-size calculation and EXIF extraction for image files.
- Rename MP3 files with ID3 tags
- Presets - create and save sets of renaming options which can be retrieved and applied at a stroke. Presets can also be used with the Widget.
- File preview drawer gives full-size preview of file contents.
- File system search by filename, type, date, with regex support.
- Four different types of rename operation - Rename; Copy & Rename; Move & Rename; Copy Rename & Move.