Developer website: Rayner Software
NetSentry runs in the background while you use your Web browser. Web traffic passes through NetSentry before reaching your browser, allowing NetSentry to decide what to filter out and what to let through. Filtering rules are fully user-customizable.
One of the most useful functions of HTTP request filtering is ad-blocking. NetSentry comes pre-loaded with an extensive list of advertising domains and URL patterns. NetSentry will block the majority of Web advertising right out of the box, with zero configuration. Ad-blocking can also make pages load faster by eliminating undesired bandwidth-hungry content.Features:
- Optional Background-only operation
- Connection logging
- Fully customizable rule set
- Multi-host gateway server
- Minimal RAM/CPU footprint
- Added the ability to channel requests through an external proxy server.