Developer website: Zack Schilling
Machete is a collection of php, and Applescripts that allow you to enjoy your music anywhere there is a Web browser. It provides a pretty front end with basic search and play functions for your music collection. The website is hosted right off your machine using the power of Mac OS X and Apache. If you have a complex Apache setup and you don't want the auto-installer monkeying with it, I suggest you install manually, skipping things where needed. If you're a regular user and you don't know what this Apache thing is that I keep going on about, don't worry. The installer is for you.
- Even more bug fixes
- Installer now Universal Binary
- Non-English character support is now working.
- More bug fixes, cleaned code.
- Tracks advance automatically when playing albums
- Various other things
- Share tab no longer functional. Whoops. Oh well. I'll get it back at some point.
- Non-English character support may actually be worse, sorry, this would take a rewrite to fix and development isn't exactly moving fast here. The source is ugly and old.
Mac OS X 10.2 or later, 10.4 or 10.5 for automatic installation. iTunes with Music Organization On.