unpkg is a utility that simply unpacks all the files in a Mac OS X package (.pkg file) into a folder. Very handy, and GNU GPL free too!
- Universal Binary, 10.4.11 and above
- super quick, no non-sense unpacking
- easy drag-'n'-drop interface
- extracts both standard packages and metapackages (.mpkg files)
- does not require any passwords (unpack all those archives that want Administrator privileges!)
- unpacks both old-style (10.4 and before) and new-style (10.5 and later) packages, even on 10.4
- automatic unpacking of files to a folder named after the package in the same directory if possible, or the Desktop
- good package detection (unpkg will not try to unpack something that's not a package, and easily handles malformed packages)
- licensed under the GNU GPL
- on GitHub. Clone and fork away!