Developer website: Winter Wolves
There are total of eight bugs in the game. Player starts with a beetle, the weakest bug, but can be upgraded to a faster and a higher performance bugs. To do this, races must be won and earnings collected. Bugs are won and earned in this order: beetle (given), ladybug, cockroach, grasshopper, hornet, praying mantis, scorpion, and blackwidow. When starting with weaker bugs, one must use tactics or strategies to win the races. The latter four are fast, have better performance wheels, and tougher armor. Once you acquire one of those, it's matter of seeing how many kills you can get and how fast you can finish the race. There are also eight unique race tracks in the game. Most unusual are "Ocean Side", where most of the track is laid out under water, and the "Lunar", where 60% gravity of Earth is simulated - once airborne it takes some time to come back down. There are also hazards in the game, such as spitting frogs, dust-devil, falling boulders, and so on. Challenges are different for each track. All tracks contain booster pads and we have placed the boosters close together in two tracks to achieve continuous boost from one to the nex before the boost energy is drained. The speedometer tops out at 180 but that speed is reached rather quickly and the bugs continue to accelerate with every boost. The lower-end bugs are fast but the higher-end bugs are blazing fast. Weapons in the game: "zinger" - a self-guided rockets, and "magno bomb" - actually a levitating mine that will follow your opponents. There are health paks, or wrenches, in the first few levels to get the players going but we omitted them in advanced tracks to makes it more challenging. Recent changes:
- increase the max speed setting for the beetle to be same as the ladybug's.
- increase the beetle's and ladybug's health value to match all other bugs.
- increase the low-end bugs' wheel slipperage value to be closer to the high-ends.
- minimized the bugs bounciness.
- minor terrain smoothing in tracks 1 & 2
- fixed the bends in the big rope bridge in boomerang and oceanside for a better ride.
- changed health-wrench model to an apple model and placed them in ALL tracks.
- multiplayer feature is enabled in the demo