Developer website: Adobe Systems, Inc
Adobe Contribute enables content authors to quickly and easily update existing websites and blogs while maintaining site integrity - with no technical expertise required. Thanks to a true WYSIWYG authoring environment, content authors and contributors can edit or update any website or blog without having to learn HTML.
- HTML5 Support: Convert your html doctype to HTML5 to enable it to publish to various mobile devices. Design view support for HTML5
- Predefined content types: Create new pages quickly based on existing design templates and page functionality. Set the workflow to hold new pages for review or to have them go live instantly. Set automatic expiration dates for new content.
- XML editing: Edit site-associated XML content natively, without having to leave Contribute and open an XML editor. Easily update Spry data sets and other pages that render content from dynamic XML-based sites by editing the corresponding XML file.
- Cross-browser preview: Verify the look and feel of updated pages in multiple browsers. Preview edited pages in any installed browser. Windows(R) users can view three browsers simultaneously with synchronous navigation and crawling for side-by-side comparison.
- Spry widget editing: Edit any content contained in a variety of Spry widgets, including data within accordion, tabbed, and collapsible panels. Change properties such as panel transition animation effects.
- Multiple page search and replace: Use the enhanced search and replace capability to update information on multiple open draft pages. Streamline the update process by performing a previously tedious task in minutes.
- Subversion support: Roll back pages to previously archived files using the built-in Contribute rollback feature or Subversion(R) software, which is supported by Contribute CS5.
- Image hotspot support: Create multiple links to different parts of a single image with integrated WYSIWYG hotspot support. Draw one or more hotspots onto any image, and then add alternative text and URLs for immediate interactivity.
- SWF or FLV embedding: Insert SWF or FLV files, and Contribute creates web standards - compliant code, compatible with that created in Adobe Dreamweaver(R) software. This helps ensure that content is Adobe Flash(R) Player compatible while enabling drag-and-drop authoring in Contribute.
- Server Side includes file editing: Allow authors to edit Server Side Includes (SSI) files. Authors can choose SSI files from a list, without needing to know the file path. Modify HTML content in the SSI file with Contribute.
- Text and image enhancements: Create superscript and subscript text directly in Contribute. Rescale, rotate, crop, and sharpen images, and adjust their brightness and contrast. Changes are displayed accurately with enhanced CSS rendering.
Mac OS X 10.6 or later