Note: VisDoc is no longer under development, and it is no longer available for sale.
generates html documentation from ActionScript 2.0 class files.
- VisDoc integrates a smart processor to parse class files - you don't need to prepare or rewrite your classes. Even if you don't use doc comments, you can generate handy class documentation with a Table of Contents.
- Class relations mean everything. VisDoc links interfaces, superclasses and their methods and properties to give a quick overview how classes are connected.
- Flexibility is built in: documentation pages are formatted with editable templates (XSL and CSS). Just customize to have your own layout and style.
- Changed some classes? Start up the application and hit the Process button - VisDoc remembers all your settings from the last time. You can also save these settings in a project file, so you can use multiple projects without changing settings inbetween.
- For even more speed, update only modified or added files. VisDoc detects which files have been updated since the last run, and can process only those.
- Parses methods, properties, class type, superclasses, interfaces
- Groups Class methods, Instance methods, Event handlers, Class properties and Instance properties
- Optionally lists private members (toggable)
- Parses "get" and "set" methods as property variables; recognizes cases when get and set use different variable types
- Parses Javadoc-style comments, with additional tags
- Links superclasses and interfaces
- Links inherited methods and properties from all superclasses
- Links classes in member definitions (parameters and return types)
- Inherits comments from superclasses
- Lists component metadata
- Processes multiple documents, multiple folders, recursively
- Resolves included scripts, recursively
- Recognizes duplicate files (duplicate class paths) - only uses the newest
- No additional markup needed: @class, @method and @property tags are not required
- Support for html formatted text inside doc comments
- You can use leading asterisks in comments or leave them out and save typing.
- White space in code examples is preserved; example XML text is preserved
- Cleanly designed default layout of documentation
- ... with scalable font sizes
- ... fully customizable, based on XSL
- ... skinnable with CSS
- ... default output is XHTML strict, W3C validated
- XSL and CSS are editable within the app
- Full code colorizing support
- Optionally generate index page (frameset) with Table of Contents
- ... set custom index page title
- Optionally add prefix to files
- Optionally save as xml
- Adds modification date of the class file
- Adds creation date of the documentation file
- Add your own copyright to the pages
- Save and load project files
- Update added and modified files only - file modifications are detected automatically
- View parsing results in a Log window, to get notified of invalid files or broken @see and @link references. Save log reports to a file
- Immediately view output in browser
- Edit your custom CSS and XSL styles in the application
- Italian and German localizations