FeedTicker is a simple RSS news reader that scrolls entries across your desktop like tickertape. It's great for news feeds that are constantly updated. It will make your Mac into a dead-sexy information nexus or realize your dreams of turning your monitor into CNN Headline News.
- Polls news feeds every half hour and scrolls the news across your screen whenever there is a change. Alternatively you can set FeedTicker to loop the entries so you have a constant supply of news.
- A click on a news entry will open the link in your default browser.
- A control-click or right-click on a news entry will open an information window with additional entry detail.
- A set of entries can be prefaced with a Title entry labeling the group. Clicking on the title will bring up the site the feed is from.
- Control-clicking or right-clicking on a Title entry will open a menu with a list of all of the feed's entries.
- Can be positioned anywhere on the screen or on additional screens by dragging the "tape" to the new position.
- Can be configured to run floating on top of all of your windows or under your icons on the desktop.
- Fonts as well as background and foreground colors are all configurable. It does transparency too!
- Tickertape sound effects when new entries are introduced.
- Cool transition animations!
- Scrolling speed is configurable.
- All configuration is done through a preferences window in real time; no need to restart the FeedTicker.