Developer website: Bruno Gaufier
This program may be used to setup and customize a PostgreSQL server : Just drop PostgreSQLX.app in your application folder, launch it, and customize your server(s). 3 versions are available :
- An application with an embedded server : There is no need to download or install anything because the last version of the server (PostgreSQL 7.4.3) is already embedded within PostgreSQLX.app.
- An application without the server : You MUST have a valid PostgreSQL setup somewhere.
- A preference pane without the server : You MUST have a valid PostgreSQL setup somewhere (This can be the full PostgreSQLX.app application).
- Misc bug-fixes.
- Numerous GUI modifications.
- PostgreSQL server documentation is accessible wia the "Help" menu.
- PostgreSQLX.app documentation is accessible wia the "Help" menu.
- Tips are displayed on the "Service settings" tab to help during setup.
- Instance management is operational. It is now possible to manage an arbitrary number of servers.
- PostgreSQLX can now create the user account for the server.
- Each instance can be disabled without dropping the startupItem.
- Modifications on each tab can be reverted, saved and reset.
- The bugs with the check boxes in the "Configuration" panel has been fixed.
- The "Configuration" tab should work better (I re-checked all bindings and validity conditions).
- The "Log" tab has been added.
- The "Backup" tab has been added. It will allow to make backups (full or single database).
- A preference pane has been created (It does not include the server but can manage other servers).