Blue Crab is a versatile and thorough program that you use to copy the contents of a Web site to your computer, in whole or in part, and then search or browse it offline.
Blue Crab lets you:
- Conduct fast offline browsing and searching without an Internet connection.
- Perform batch downloads of URL's
- Create a snapshot of a website for historical archiving.
- Batch download Web archives.
- Collect specific types of resources such as images or email addresses.
- Search current content more thoroughly than a search engine right on your own computer.
- Check a
- For document searching: updated the Spotlight indexer to support 64-bit Spotlight word extractors, which in particular fixes an issue with extracting words to create indexes of RTF files.
- Removed the 2000-word limit on the number of words extracted. Previously an index would contain a maximum of 2000 unique words, now it includes as many as there are in the document.
- OS X 10.5.8 or later