Developer website: raffi
jIRCii is a powerful Mac OS X Internet Relay Chat client. jIRCii is scriptable (with many available on the website). The focus is to provide a UNIX console client experience with the advantages of a solid GUI. Some call it the closest thing to mIRC on MacOS X. Features include DCC file transfers, IRC over SSL support, multiple server connections, and over 75 built-in commands.
- jIRCii now uses the Nimbus look and feel and Single Document Interface modes on all operating systems by default. This look is much more modern.
- Default fonts on Windows and OS X are now bolded
- Added new status and miscellaneous window icons
- Added some white-space to the right of the "close window" button in SDI mode
- Options window is wider to accomodate IRC network selector on OS X
- List windows (/list -gui and others) now use a different icon from the status window.
- Removed "Applications" configuration. jIRCii now uses Java's Desktop API to launch a URL.
- Removed "random servers" group from server connect dialog
- jIRCii is now friendly to the latest format of mIRC's servers.ini file
- Updated servers.ini to the latest from http://www.mirc.co.uk/servers.ini
- join/part messages in default theme now shows addresses
- /load can now load scripts contained inside of jerk.jar
- Removed black-listing of GTKLookAndFeel for Linux systems (set use Native L&F option to get it). After 7 years, it has matured enough to work with jIRCii [See Beta 15 notes].
- Updated jIRCii about dialog with new look jIRCii logo
- Added links to the bug tracker and jIRCii homepage in the Help menu
- Updated MacOS X and Windows icons to new jIRCii logo
- Updated Java Application Stub so jIRCii works with MacOS X Lion now.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Java 1.6.0 or later