Developer website: Nathan Spindel
gCount is a menu bar and/or Dock item that displays the unread status of the inbox of a recently popular email service. It is provided free of charge. It requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later
- Preference to specify an alternate Web browser for gCount to use for external links (eg. Open Inbox, Compose Mail).
- gCount now uses a much faster, and less memory intensive method for communicating with the email service (Atom feed), thanks to Jim Thomason.
- Growl notifications now include the authors' names of unread threads.
- gCount now uses your proxy settings, if you use one.
- Audio files are now scanned for proper extensions. .DS_Store is not a sound. :)
- gCount is now again compatible with Growl. See http://growl.info/ for more info.
- Many memory leaks squashed, and a few under the hood performance improvements.
- Login information is no longer passed as arguments to a script. Yay.
Mac OS X 10.3 or later