biOpen is a new and unique DNA and protein sequence analysis and structure visualization software based on dynamic integration of analysis tools. This evaluation version includes the interactive multiple trace view, the Documentation window, DNA/RNA analysis tools (including Contig Assembly), Protein analysis tools (including Coils and TMpred) and sequence alignment tools (including PROBCONS).
Main features are:
- Extensive modularity: biOpen allows you to select the analysis tools you need and to work in a fully integrated environment.
- Easy evolution of your configuration: you can get new tools and integrate them in your biOpen configuration when needed.
- 3D visualization: the relations between the sequence and its structure can be studied with one single software: simply select a part of the sequence and see it light up on the structure.
- Powerful display features: fully synchronized views, dynamic display of analysis results, automated extraction and display of annotations of GenBank sequence files, and even more.
- Project management: organize and save your sequences, structures and results very easily. Import most popular file formats, including DNA Strider. Projects can be exchanged with your work colleagues.
- Graphical export: biOpen views can be simply exported in your favorite word processor or presentation software. You just have to perform a selection and drag and drop it to your document.