can be used to manage several hidden features
of the loginwindow application. These features include:
- Disabling the restart and shutdown buttons on the login screen (ok,
this feature isn't hidden, but belongs to this group anyway)
- Hide local users in the list of users at the login screen
- Hide administrator users at the list of users at the login screen
- Include network users in the list of users at the login screen (applicable
only in conjunction with MCX)
- Show the "Other..." user at the loginwindow screen
- Disable the logout, restart, and shutdown items in the Apple Menu.
This is useful if you're setting up the computer to be a Kiosk.
- Disable the hidden feature in loginwindow that allows you to drop
to a black, all-text login screen. (Panther only)
- Implement scripts to be run at login or logout
Except for the last item,
these options are pretty much self-explanatory. There are a few things
to keep in mind when implementing login or logout hooks, though.