Safari2Yahoo is a simple AppleScript application that is workaround for a bug in Safari that doesn't allow you to change the search engine from Google to something else. Safari2Yahoo creates a copy of Safari.app named SafariYahoo.app and modifies the files in the bundle such that the SafariYahoo.app will use Yahoo! search instead of Google search. For now it only uses the main yahoo.com search and not any country specific search.
It has been tested on both OS X 10.3 and OS X 10.4.
* 01.18.2006: Works on OSX 10.4. Some string labels got moved to new files
* 04.15.2005: no longer version dependent, makes a copy of Safari instead of editing original
* 06.09.2004: updated for OS X 10.3.4
* 03.16.2004: updated for OS X 10.3.3
* 02.25.2004: Initial release
On OS X 10.4 I am unable to find a way to change the contextual menu that pops up when you select text on a page and control-click or right click. It says "Search in Google" still, but it will actually use Yahoo! instead.
What's new in Safari2Yahoo
Version 01182006: Works on OSX 10.4. Some string labels got moved to new files