xACT stands for X Audio Compression Toolkit, an application that encodes and decodes FLAC, SHN, Monkey's Audio, TTA, Wavpack, and Apple Lossless files. It also can encode these formats to MP3, AAC, or Opus, and do various other utility functions, in addition to a full set of shntool functions. Under the hood, xACT is a GUI based front end for the unix applications Shorten (3.6.1), shntool (3.0.10), Monkey's Audio Compressor (3.99), flac (1.3.1), wavpack (4.70.0), TTA (3.4.1), Opus 0.1.6, and cdda2wav 3.0 (with paranoia support). It also uses SoX ( more...
- AIFF ags are retained when applying de-emphasis
- Fixed bug that didn’t allow conversion of 24 bit AIFF to MP3
- Option in preferences to aid in CD Extraction if xACT can’t recognize the cd drive
- Option to set output name when using shntool ’join’
- FLAC 5.1 > Apple Lossless will set correct channel mapping
- Added sample rate conversion more...
- OS X 10.6 or later