Xcode Clippings Menu is a plug-in for Xcode, the core component of Apple's new developer tools for OS X. The plug-in adds a new "Clippings" menu to Xcode allowing developers to quickly gain access to snippets of code and other text resources directly from the Xcode menu bar. The "clippings" are text files that are stored in any number of subfolders within a primary clippings folder. Each subfolder within the primary folder becomes a menu item in the menu which, when selected, offers the user the ability to select one or more items for insertion into the front source document.
Benefits of Xcode Clippings Menu
- Recycling Code Resources Wisely - Create a more efficient development workflow by reusing resources more effectively. Stop wasting time retyping the same text.
- Get It Faster - Reusing text resources is fine, but if you have to travel elsewhere just to get the resources it takes time. Now you can add text in a source document much faster because the menu of selections is right there in Xcode! Create a script to export your database of subroutines and code snippets into a folder structure in the clipping folder. Spend more time coding and less time searching.
- Reaping The Harvest - Don't regret losing track of the valuable code written in the past as your archives grow. The Xcode Clippings Menu Plug-In makes it less time consuming to save new code into your clippings folders. You can save the current selection from your source documents to a clipping file right from the "Clippings" menu. You can even save the text from the clipboard.
- Easily Remodeled - Just choose "Reveal Clippings Folder" to quickly create, edit, delete, or to spring clean your text clippings.
- Programming Languages Welcome - Since source code is text based - this resource works great with code documents of any kind. It works great with AppleScript Studio!