OSXnews is a small, fast usenet newsreader for OS X. It is designed to look and behave like Apple's Mail program and uses it for all mail functions. It also uses the Webcore engine used in Safari to display messages. It is actively being developed and the current version supports many (though not all ) features people expect in a newsreader. OSXnews is a Universal Application and works well on the new Intel Macs. It also has some support for binary posts. At the moment this is limited to single part yEnc posts. Full support is expected in upcoming versions.
- Fixed menu where it showed show all isntead of expand all threads
- Double click expands full threads again
- Localized to Polish
- Improved text encoding detection
- Added prelim latin-2 support (needs testing)
- Handles utf-8 (needs testing)
- Vastly improved text encoding detection
- Downloads missing content type and newsgroup headers
- Localized to German more...
RequirementsMac OS X 10.3 or later
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software